The daughter of actor Will Smith and actress Jada Pinkett Smith, onscreen performer Willow Smith debuted as a child star in the late 2000s, well before the age of ten. She did so with roles in a pair of extremely different films: the Will Smith sci-fi-adventure drama I Am Legend (2007) and the family-oriented period drama Kit Kittredge: An American Girl (2008), with a story adapted from the popular American Girls line of dolls.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Made her big-screen debut in the 2007 sci-fi film I Am Legend.
- First TV acting role was in 2009 on the Nickelodeon series True Jackson, VP.
- In 2010, signed a record deal with Jay-Z's Roc Nation label and released the single "Whip My Hair."
- Has stated she enjoys singing, but acting completes her career.
- Won the 2011 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding New Artist; she was also nominated for Outstanding Music Video.
- Won, along with brother Jaden Smith, the YoungStars BET Award in 2011.
- Is a youth ambassador for Project Zambia, which helps children in Africa who have been orphaned because of AIDS.