Actress Wendy Moniz graduated from Siena College in New York in 1991 with a degree in English, but only four years later, she was playing Dinah Marler Thorpe Jessup on the long-running soap opera Guiding Light. She stayed with the show for four years, going on to appear in the TV movie Tuesdays with Morrie on the series Nash Bridges, The Guardian, and Big Shots.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is of Portuguese and Irish descent.
- Has appeared in more than 50 commercials.
- In 1999, in her final scene on the soap Guiding Light, her character accidentally fatally shot oil tycoon Hart Jessup, played by Frank Grillo, whom she would marry in real life the next year.
- Joined two fellow Guiding Light alumni, Paige Turco and Nia Long, in the short-lived 2007 ABC drama Big Shots.
- Was inducted into the B.M.C. Durfee High School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2011 as a four-year letter-winner in field hockey and for setting 12 school or class records in sprints and field events.