- First appeared on screen as a child actress in Kalyug (1980).
- Has been nominated for several Filmfare Award nominations, winning the Critics Award for Best Actress for her performance in Bhoot (2003).
- Sang on Asha Bhonsle's album Asha and Friends Vol 1, performing the song "Mehbooba Dilruba".
- Was one of the judges on TV dance reality shows Chak Dhoom Dhoom and Dance Maharashtra Dance.
- Mostly appeared in Hindi films, but has also featured in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Marathi language films, the latter being her mother tongue.