- Mother originally wanted to name him Tory, but thought that a more formal-sounding name would fit better if he decided to go into politics.
- Joined his grade-school choir as a way of gaining confidence in himself.
- After college, did two seasons at Vancouver's renowned Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival.
- Father was a longtime professor at his alma mater, the University of British Columbia.
- Counts his acoustic guitar and his severed head from his role as Thomas Culpepper in The Tudors as a couple of his most prized possessions.
- Served as a judge for the 2013 Miss Nevada Teen USA Pageant.