- Acting debut came when he was 8 years old, playing the role of Boy in Waiting For Godot at the Gate Theatre in London.
- Met his wife, Claire Cox when they were working at the Royal Exchange theatre in Manchester, England in 2007 and proposed to her on St Stephen's Green in 2010.
- Won the award for Best Actor at the Irish Times Theatre Awards for his role Arturo in The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, Ireland in 2009.
- Played two parts in the play Howie The Rookie, "The Howie" Lee and his enemy-turned-ally "The Rookie" Lee, at the Everyman Theatre in Cork, Ireland in 2013.
- Is an ambassador of the charity Barnardos which helps children living in poverty, and took part in the Cadbury's Egg Run to raise money for the charity in 2014.