- Stage work includes a 2004 off-Broadway production of Bert V. Royal's Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead; and a 2009 Broadway revival of Christopher Hampton's The Philanthropist.
- Won the Best Actor award at the Brooklyn International Film Festival for The Elephant King (2006).
- Is also an artist, working mostly with oil paint, whose work has been exhibited in New York, California and Mississippi.
- While auditioning for the pilot of the spin-off 90210 in March 2008, met his future wife, Chrissy Fiorilli, who was one of the casting associates, though they did not start dating until 2010.
- Has appeared in numerous commercials, including spots for Nationwide Insurance; Amazon; Pepsi; McCormick; Walgreen's; and Dunkin' Donuts.