A hands-on designer and construction specialist who worked with architects to conceptualize and design custom homes before forming her own business with a friend and licensed designer, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition star Tanya McQueen has dedicated her life to creating innovative, comfortable living spaces. Her company, Tattered Hydrangea, would scout existing properties that had been deemed unworthy, due to poor layout or architectural integrity, and transform them into the main attraction of the entire neighborhood -- a showcase piece to highlight the untapped potential of existing homes. These jobs helped positive-minded McQueen land a spot on the smash ABC reality show.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- With the help of her cousin, a licensed interior designer, founded Tattered Hydrangea, which purchased and refurbished rundown properties.
- Appeared on an episode of TLC's home-renovation show Property Ladder---working on a property purchased by Tattered Hydrangea---which was where the producers of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition spotted her.
- Joined Extreme Makeover as a designer in the show's third season.
- Hosted the short-lived CW reality series Hitched or Ditched.
- Partnered with former Extreme Makeover costar and close friend Tracy Hutson for Picker Sisters.