- Baldev Pathak, her father, designed and tailored clothes for famous actors like Rajesh Khanna and Dilip Kumar.
- Wanted to start her career by working for the All India Radio (AIR), but was rejected because of her voice.
- Began her career with the film Kalyug (1981).
- Received a letter from AIR, which stated their change in decision, inviting her to host a radio show, after Kalyug's (1981) huge success.
- Was a part of the cast for the Hollywood movie Gandhi (1982).
- First got married at the age of 22. The relationship, however, lasted only for a week.
- Bagged a role in the French movie The Bengali Night (1988) in which Hugh Grant was the leading man.
- Launched Grass Company, a TV production house, in 1994 along with her husband.