Wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin made his professional debut in 1989 in World-Class Championship Wrestling. He would go on to compete in Extreme Championship Wrestling, as well as World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment, becoming an extremely popular figure in the scene. Beginning in the late '90s, Austin also began acting, appearing on the show Nash Bridges starting in 1999, and going on to play roles in The Longest Yard, The Condemned, and Damage. Finding an appropriate niche in action films, Austin found particular success in high-octane movies like 2010's The Expendables.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Played football on a scholarship for the Mean Green of then-North Texas State, mainly as defensive end; played linebacker in junior college and running back in high school.
- Started out wrestling for WCW as Stunning Steve Austin, half of the preening Hollywood Blonds duo, before moving to ECW, and finally WWF.
- Won the WWF Championship belt for the first time at Wrestlemania XIV in a match refereed by boxer Mike Tyson.
- Played the recurring role of Det. Jake Cage on CBS' Nash Bridges.
- Retired from the ring in 2003 due to cumulative effects of spine, ankle and knee injuries, but still appears occasionally on WWE shows.
- Made his big-screen debut playing a guard in 2005 remake The Longest Yard, which was followed by a starring role in 2007 actioner The Condemned.
- Has said he counts his deer rifle, his chocolate lab Hershey and an autographed Andy Warhol painting among his favorite possessions.