British actor Skandar Keynes entered the limelight as a teenager, when tapped by producers to play Edmund Pevensie in Walden Media's big-budget 2005 installment of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The success and critical acclaim afforded by that assignment (which did not constitute Keynes' debut role, but followed two low-key appearances on English television) led to successive film appearances as Edmund in additional installments of the Narnia series, beginning with 2005's The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Made his film debut in 2003's Enzo Ferrari, in which he played the 8-year-old Enzo, who would grow up to become a race-car driver and founder of the Ferrari sports-car company.
- Was reunited with Enzo Ferrari costars Pierfrancesco Favino and Sergio Castellitto in 2008's The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
- Ran the 2012 Beirut Marathon.
- Is half English, one quarter Lebanese, one eighth Persian and one eighth Turkish.
- Name is the shortened version of Iskandar, which is Arabic for Alexander.
- Is a great-great-great-grandson of Charles Darwin.
- Plays the coronet and guitar.