- Quit college after one year after she was offered a role in the Teen Patti (2010), her debut film.
- Producer Ambika Hinduja offered her the maiden role of her career when she saw a photograph of hers on her brother's Facebook account.
- Rejected a Yash Raj film to work in Aashiqui 2 (2013), a movie propelled her into overnight fame.
- Made her singing debut with the song "Galliyaan" in the movie Ek Villain (2014).
- Won the Global Indian Music Academy Best Celebrity Singer Award in 2015 for singing "Galliyan."
- Turned designer with the launch of her fashion line Imara in association with Amazon in 2015.