Visually impaired singer and pianist Scott MacIntyre began playing the piano by ear when he was only three years old. He began studying music classically at the age of six and was on the road to becoming a singer/songwriter by his teens. MacEntire auditioned for the eighth season of American Idol with a rendition of "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Was born legally blind as a result of Leber's congenital amaurosis; has only a 2 percent field of vision. His sister has the same condition, but with a wider field of vision.
- Was home-schooled until age 14, when he entered Arizona State University.
- Released his debut CD, Brothers for all Seasons, in 1999.
- Received a Marshall scholarship to study in Britain after graduating from college at age 19.
- Diagnosed with kidney disease in 2005; his piano teacher's wife donated her kidney to him in 2007.