- Growing up, her mother was a headmistress and her father was a helicopter designer.
- First job was at 13 in a local launderette.
- Appeared in a famous 1994 Boddington's beer commercial in the UK.
- Met future husband, actor James Murray, in 2005 on the set of British drama series Cutting It.
- Following the death of her daughter, Ella-Jayne, due to a congential heart defect in 2009, she and her husband started the Murray Parish Trust in order to raise funds for the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Southampton General Hospital.
- Co-owns production company Aphra Productions with actress and friend Dervla Kirwan.
- Helped found BARREtoned, a ballet-inspired workout studio in London.