Broadcast journalist Samantha Harris emceed on such cable programs as E! News (in a triple threat as writer, producer, and director) and THS Investigates, and served as perennial hostess on the E! network's Oscar, Golden Globe, and Emmy telecasts. In early 2006, Harris added to her resumé co-hosting duties on the phenomenally popular ABC competitive reality series Dancing with the Stars (starting with the second season), alongside host Tom Bergeron.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Got to meet many rock stars and go backstage at concerts as a child, because her father was a rock-concert promoter.
- Was a member of the original cast of Reefer Madness!: The New "Hit" Musical, which opened in Los Angeles in 1998.
- While cohosting Dancing With the Stars, she often simultaneously held a second job, first as a correspondent on E! News, and then as a correspondent and panelist on The Insider.
- Made her Broadway debut in 2009, portraying Roxie Hart in a revival of Chicago.
- Collaborated with DL1961 Premium Denim to launch a signature jean, the "Samantha," in 2011.
- Is a fitness enthusiast who has been featured on the covers of magazines such as Muscle & Fitness Hers, Pilates Style, Fit Parent and Wellness.
- Serves on the Feeding America Entertainment Council.
- Is a supporter of the March of Dimes.