- Was diagnosed with ADHD as a child.
- Produced his first videos at the age of 14.
- Is a black belt in Judo.
- NigaHiga is a combination of "Niga," which means "rant" in Japanese, and his last name, "Higa."
- In 2015, launched the Ryan Higa Foundation Inc., which recognizes an individual who does a charitable act towards needy and underprivileged person(s) and grants them their "Best Day Ever."
- Wrote the book How to Write Good, released on May 30, 2017.
- Known for his comedic video vlogs and short films.