Actor Robert Buckley didn't have to go very far to pursue a career in his chosen artform. Born in Los Angeles in 1981, Buckley was surrounded by the bright lights of Hollywood for practically his entire life, but despite his proximity to the industry, he didn't begin acting professionally until after he'd attended the University of California San Diego, where he earned a degree in economics. He was working as an economic consultant when he was advised to try out a sideline in modeling and acting. He soon scored a role in the 2005 thriller When a Killer Calls, and by the next year he was playing a starring role on the saucy, telanovela adaptation Fashion House, which he stayed with for its entire 62-episode run. TV proved a good fit for Buckley, and he would go on to enjoy successful starring roles on American Heiress, Lipstick Jungle, and One Tree Hill.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Appeared on The Price Is Right while in college.
- Got bit by the acting bug during his final semester of college, when he took an acting class.
- Worked as an economic consultant prior to pursuing a showbiz career.
- Also worked as a writer and freelance producer for E! News.
- Has modeled for Adidas and Redken.