- Started work at his family-owned company Marlex where he sharpened his business and marketing skills for 6 years.
- Established a production house named Excel Entertainment in 1999, along with friend Farhan Akhtar.
- Made his debut as a producer with the cult classic Dil Chahta Hai (2001), which won him a National Film Award for being the Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- Won another National Film Award in the same category for his movie Rock On!! (2007).
- Endorsed a website Flickbay.com, developed by media students studying in Singapore, in 2014, along with Farhan Akhtar.
- Launched a clothing line Noble Faith in 2014, along with his wife and brother-in-law Anand Bahl.