- Being a dyslexic kid, coping with school work was always a challenge for her.
- Her training started at the age of 7 when her father used to take her for a swim in the ocean and asked her to sing while swimming.
- First appeared on television as a guest on the variety show Penthouse Live in 1986.
- Released her self-titled debut album in 1987.
- Made her movie debut with The Untouchable Family (1988)
- Affectionately nicknamed Asia's Songbird after she won the Asia-Pacific Singing Contest in 1989.
- Hailed as the best-selling artist of all time by the Philippine Association of the Record Industry for her multi-platinum selling albums.
- In 2002, was named as a UNICEF ambassador for Asia.
- Joined other celebrities in donating more than P 300,000 for the typhoon Ondoy victims in 2009.
- In 2010, she was included in FHM Philippines' 100 Sexiest Women in the World list at no.8 spot.
- Along with Universal Records, donated P 500,000 to the Philippine Red Cross in 2013.