- Moved to Canada in 1989 to improve his computer animation knowledge at Sheridan College.
- Created hand-drawn animations for TV commercials in Toronto before his career kicked off.
- Made his feature film directorial debut with 2007's Shrek the Third.
- Frequently works as supervising animator or animation director on DreamWorks Animation films and TV series such as Antz, Shrek, and Dragons: Race to the Edge.
- Collaborated with Kiehl's and illustrated a number of children’s story books to raise funds for various Hong Kong organizations.