- Enrolled for an MCA degree, but got dismissed for not attending any classes.
- Started working with Mudra, where he was groomed to become an advertising professional.
- Left Mudra after 7 years to join Lowe Lintas.
- Made his directorial debut with the movie Cheeni Kum (2007).
- Won a National Film Award for being the Best Feature Film in Hindi for his film Paa (2009).
- Made his debut as a producer with the movie English Vinglish (2012).
- Currently serves as the Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of Lowe Lintas and Partners.