Active - 2008 - 2017 |
Born - Mar 24, 1976 in New Orleans, Louisana, United States |
- Set 43 records at the University of Tennessee, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
- Was denied his request to honor Johnny Unitas by wearing black high-top shoes---the Hall of Famer's trademark---during a game played the week Unitas died in 2004.
- Founder of the PeyBack Foundation, for disadvantaged youth.
- Hosted Saturday Night Live on his 31st birthday, in 2007.
- Named MVP of the Colts' win in Super Bowl XLI.
- Commercial endorsements have included DirecTV, Gatorade, Master Card, Reebok and Sprint, Buick, Nationwide and Papa John's Pizza, a chain for which he owns 21 locations in Colorado.
- Named NFL MVP five times by the Associated Press.
- Did not miss a game in his first 13 NFL seasons with the Colts, but sat out all of 2011 recovering from multiple neck surgeries.
- Signed with Denver in 2012 and established NFL single-season passing records of 5477 passing yards and 55 TDs in 2013.
- Appeared in the Top Ten List on Dave Letterman's final Late Show episode.
- Became the first quarterback to reach 200 career wins (including postseason) with the Broncos' win in Super Bowl 50.