- Acted with the Manitoba Theatre for Young People as a child.
- In high school, he once organized a protest against the Youth News Network, a current-affairs program that offered an in-class TV broadcast that included commercials.
- Appeared in the Great Canadian Theatre Company's 2004 production of Edward Albee's The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?
- Had to learn to ride a horse for his role in cable's Camelot.
- To prepare for his role as a cop in Rookie Blue, he received training from two Canadian police officers.