- Became interested in acting at the age of nine after joining an after-school drama program.
- Won the Fipa D'Or Biarritz Award at the Cannes Television Awards.
- Founded the Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts in 2007, which has since expanded to more than 80 facilities.
- Reprised her role of Sharon Theodopolopoudos in the 2012 and 2013 stage tours of Birds of a Feather, based on her long-running television series of the same name.
- Is an honorary member of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
- Is an avid supporter of various charities, including Children With Leukemia, Children in Crisis, and Children's Hospices UK.
- Launched her own charity, PQA Trust, in order to provide support to underprivileged children with the means to train in the performing arts.