- Served in the United States Merchant Marine during the Vietnam War.
- Although commonly referred to as "Paul Sr." after his children were born, he found out in his mid-thirties that his middle name was the same as his father's, thus making him a junior legally.
- Has said, about riding motorcycles, "There's a real freedom about that. It takes out all the insanity temporarily. It's my escape."
- His Orange County Choppers (est. 1999) grew from his previous company, Orange County Ironworks.
- His car collection includes a 1970 GTO, a 1969 Camaro 427, a 1933 Ford Hot Rod, a 1960 Corvette and a 1967 396 Chevy Nova.
- He and his sons cowrote a book called Orange County Choppers: The Tale of the Teutuls (released 2006).