Peter Horton became a familiar face with his role on the late-80's drama thirtysomething. He would go on to appear in numerous projects, like Brimstone and The Geena Davis Show, in addition to stepping behind the camera as a producer on series like Grey's Anatomy and The Philanthropist.
- When he was 8, his family lived in Hong Kong for several years.
- Studied to be a music conductor.
- Plays classical piano.
- Played piano and studied acting at the Santa Barbara Repertory Company.
- First television directorial effort was a 1985 ABC Afterschool Special called One Too Many, which starred his then-wife Michelle Pfeiffer.
- In 2005, co-produced and directed the pilot episode of Grey's Anatomy.
- Signed with Touchstone to act as a consultant for the 2006 series Six Degrees.
- An active environmentalist; has worked with campaigns for the Environmental Media Association.