Having appeared on countless runways and magazine covers (including the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover for three consecutive years), Christie Brinkley is one of the elite few women in the fashion industry who have earned the title "supermodel." The mother of three held a contract for a staggering 20 years with Cover Girl Cosmetics, and continues to appear in magazine ads for mature skin. Aside from being the inspiration for several of former husband Billy Joel's songs ("Uptown Girl," "Christie Lee," and "Blonde Over Blue," among others), Brinkley is known for catching the attention of hapless family man Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) in National Lampoon's Vacation (1983), a role she later reprised in the sequel, Vegas Vacation (1997). Brinkley also appeared on the small screen, on shows like Mad About You and Ugly Betty, and had a recurring role on Parks and Recreation, playing the hot wife of hapless Jerry Gergich. She also took her talents to Broadway, playing Roxie Hart in Chicago.
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Grew up in Malibu, CA.
- At 18, moved to Paris to enroll in art school.
- Is fluent in French.
- Appeared on more than 500 magazine covers, and became the first model to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue for three consecutive years (1979-81).
- Worked as a spokesperson for a number of cosmetics and beauty products, including Prell and Cover Girl, as well as for Total Gym fitness products.
- Made her film debut in National Lampoon's Vacation (1983), playing Chevy Chase's mysterious love interest.
- Survived a March 1994 helicopter crash near Telluride, CO, while heliskiing; married fellow survivor Richard Taubman nine months later near the site of the crash.
- Made her Broadway debut portraying Roxie Hart in Chicago in 2011, and then reprised the role in London later that year.
- Has launched several product lines, including eyewear, jewelry, fabrics and skin care.
- Supports the Susan G. Komen Foundation, Handgun Control and STAR (Standing for Truth About Radiation).
- Is a vegetarian.