- Has been dancing since age 2.
- Became an antidrug activist after her brother died in a drunk-driving crash in 2001.
- Entered and won first beauty pageant, St. Charles Parish Teen Queen, at age 13. She would later go on to win the 2004 Miss Teen USA pageant.
- Won a scholarship to attend The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts in New York, NY.
- First regular acting gig was on NBC's Days of Our Lives, which she auditioned for in 2007 while she was in Los Angeles on vacation.
- Received a Daytime Emmy award nomination in 2010 for Best Young Actress in a Drama Series.