Though California native Barry Williams is best known for wooing far-out, groovy chicks as Greg Brady on the '70s television sitcom The Brady Bunch, he has made a multitude of appearances on the stage and in television since the end of the show in 1974, including a brief role alongside fellow Brady alumni Christopher Knight on an episode of That '70s Show. Growing Up Brady, Williams' biography, made a strong showing on the New York Times best-seller list. Williams has not made the same efforts to distance himself from The Brady Bunch as several of his former co-stars, and hosts The Brady Bunch with Barry Williams for Sirius Satellite Radio. In the years to come, Williams would also remain active on screen, appearing in TV movies like Bigfoot and Mega Piranha.
Biography by Tracie Cooper
- Grew up with famed actor Peter Graves as a neighbor.
- Was cast in his first role at age 11 in the educational film Why Johnny Can't Read.
- Harbored a well-publicized crush on his on-screen mom, Florence Henderson.
- Wrote Growing Up Brady: I Was a Teenage Greg, a tell-all which spawned a television movie featuring Adam Brody as Williams.
- Lost a celebrity boxing match in 2002 to fellow child star Danny Bonaduce.
- Has appeared in numerous stage productions including The Sound of Music, West Side Story and Oklahoma!.