- Attended the performing arts camp Stagedoor Manor in Loch Sheldrake, N.Y., for several summers as a kid, appearing in musicals with Mandy Moore and Lea Michele.
- Not one for sitting in a classroom, he dropped out of the New York City public high school he attended three days into his senior year.
- Interviewed Broadway actors as the host of Green Room Radio, a podcast he started as a teen in college.
- At age 20, played Four Seasons singer-songwriter Bob Gaudio in the first national tour of the Tony Award-winning musical Jersey Boys, as well as in the Las Vegas and Los Angeles productions.
- Was fired from the Las Vegas cast of Jersey Boys in 2009, only to bring the role of Gaudio to the silver screen five years later in the Clint Eastwood-directed film.
- Had the titular role in the musical Hero, about a young comic-book artist living anything but a superhero life.
- In July 2014, he followed up his first EP The Vegas Sessions with a five-track CD entitled Never Give Up, which he recorded in Nashville.