- Considered studying drama at university, but after a summer job in an agency decided to work in PR instead.
- Met Russell Brand while doing backstage work for an Edinburgh festival play; Brand suggested he become a comedian and helped Hound come up with his stage name.
- Stood as an MEP candidate for the National Health Action party in 2014, but failed to be elected.
- In 2015, appeared in The Wars of the Roses at the Rose Theatre in Kingston, directed by Sir Trevor Nunn.
- In 2017, played Dr. Prentice in Joe Orton's What The Butler Saw at the Leicester theatre.
- Is a patron of CMV Action, a charity supporting congenital CMV sufferers and their families.