- Appeared with his brother John Turturro in several Spike Lee films, including Mo' Better Blues (1990) and Jungle Fever (1991).
- Auditioned for the role of NYPD Blue's Det. James Martinez during his lunch break while working as a hotel doorman.
- Met wife Lissa Espinosa on a plane while she was working as a flight attendant.
- Was a contestant on Celebrity Fit Club in 2006.
- Starred on the Web series Dusty Peacock in 2009.
- Years after making his breakthrough as a rookie detective on NYPD Blue, he took on the role of a veteran NYC beat cop mentoring a rookie on Blue Bloods in 2010.
- Collects baseball memorabilia from all teams, though is a self-professed lifelong NY Yankees fan.
- In fact, his passion for the game was celebrated in 2009 when he was featured on an MLB series, I Breathe Baseball. Focusing on his obsession with the Yankees, it featured former NY manager Joe Torre and then-NY outfielder Johnny Damon.