- Is of Apache and Ute descent.
- Served in the U.S. Army and was stationed in Germany following high school.
- In 1977, made his stage debut in Armory of the Arts' production of Equus.
- From 1981 to 1987, toured worldwide as a soloist and was a master teacher for the Nikolais Dance Theatre.
- Is the original choreographer for the American Indian Dance Theatre and was co-director for the first two years after it was founded.
- Was a master teacher and choreographer for the Aboriginal Dance Project.
- In 2001, received the Ross Charles Award from Cancom, which honors achievements by aboriginal people in the field of broadcasting.