- Began acting in community theater at age 12.
- Drove to New York with her mom every month for auditions when she was 14.
- While living in Cleveland, taped her auditions at home and sent them to her agent in L.A.
- Moved to Los Angeles at age 18, but returned home after failing to crack Hollywood. She was living in North Carolina when she made a home-taped audition for the role of Betty Cooper in Riverdale.
- An outspoken supporter of mental health issues after suffering anxiety and depression as a teenager.