- Entered the entertainment industry at the age of 16 while working at an Atlanta radio station, with a pre-fame Chris "Ludacris" Bridges.
- Founded the production company Krossover Productions, which produced the critically-acclaimed documentary Tyson in 2008.
- Performed in the off-Broadway production of Love, Loss and What I Wore in 2011.
- In 2012, was named in Maxim magazine's Hot 100 list.
- Is the designer of her own fashion line, 5th & Mercer.
- Published her first book in 2014, The Love Playbook: Rules for Love, Sex, and Happiness, which became a number 1 New York Times Bestseller.