- Wanted to become an actress at age 12 after seeing Vanessa Redgrave, who was a family friend, in a production of The Cherry Orchard.
- Auditioned for the Bristol Old Vic at 17 but was turned down; took a gap year and traveled throughout Africa and Asia, and volunteered in an AIDS hospice in South Africa.
- Was set to attend drama school in 2009 after her travels but took a job working in repertory at the Octagon Theatre in Bolton, England, instead, and appeared in plays by Arthur Miller, Henrik Ibsen and William Shakespeare.
- In 2011 made her London stage debut in Women Beware Women; the same year made her TV debut in BBC's The Hour.
- Was named one of Screen International's Stars of Tomorrow in 2011.
- Appears as Princess Margaret in Netflix's 2016 production The Crown.