Model-turned-actress Rachel Nichols began a plush and lucrative career as one of America's most sought-after cover girls during her late teens and early twenties, then transitioned fluidly from modeling into acting. During her early film career, producers took great advantage of Nichols' appearance, casting her as glamorous eye candy in films such as the 2000 Autumn in New York (at age 19), Dumb and Dumberer (2003), Shopgirl (2005), and The Amityville Horror (2005). In addition to her film work, Nichols also made a splash on the small screen, starting with a guest role on on the popular cable comedy Sex and the City (2002), in which she played an alluring hostess at a chic restaurant, whom Samantha (Kim Cattrall) has a threesome with, along with her boyfriend. A few years later, Nichols starred in the shortlived FBI drama The Inside (2005), as Special Agent Rebecca Locke, the survivor of a kidnapping by a brutal serial killer, who used her disturbing experience to her advantage in profiling other murderers. After that series folded, she quickly followed it up by joining the cast of the popular spy drama Alias, as CIA agent Rachel Gibson, during its last season. Nichols ascended to lead status on the big screen and essayed a second outing as a scream queen in the thriller P2 (2007) -- playing a young woman unwittingly kidnapped and tormented by a maniac one fateful Christmas Eve.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Set the high-jump record at her high school.
- Studied in France during high school, and spent her college years attending classes in New York and modeling in Europe.
- Planned on working on Wall Street after graduating from Columbia University.
- Landed her first television role in 2002, playing an orgy-loving waitress on Sex and the City.
- Appeared in Maxim magazine's 2001 swimsuit issue and was ranked 28th in its 100 Sexiest Women issue in 2003.
- Was in line to inherit the lead role on Alias had a pregnant Jennifer Garner left the show. Garner did scale back her involvement, but the series ended with both Garner and Nichols in the 2006 finale.
- Avoids using the P2 level of any parking garage after starring in the film P2 (2007), in which she played a woman being terrorized by a psycho in such a garage.
- Enjoys windsurfing, sailing and watching boxing.