- Inspired to become a dancer after seeing a Nutcracker performance at age five.
- Appeared in the Swedish musical Kristina From Duvemala, written by former ABBA member Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, for three years during the show's original run when she was seven years old.
- Shared an apartment with longtime friend Caroline Hjelt of the Swedish electro duo Icona Pop after graduating from ballet school and relocating to London.
- Enrolled in law school after being rejected from the Royal Academy of Stockholm acting academy twice. She won her first leading role in the Swedish film Pure just before her first semester began.
- Pressured to wear sunblock early in her career to appear more Scandinavian because, despite her Swedish-Finnish ancestry, she has brown eyes and hair and golden skin.
- With the Gothenburg Opera, appeared in The Sound of Music and Les Misérables.
- Won the Rising Star Award at the 2010 Stockholm Film Festival.
- Won the role of Danish Queen Caroline Mathilde in A Royal Affair (2012) without knowing any Danish.
- Used her ballet training to inform her performance as a gynoid in Ex Machina, giving the robot Ava a slightly imperfect gait to represent her desire to be human.
- Signed as the new face of Louis Vuitton in 2015.