- Raised in a strict religious household by Christian-evangelist parents; rock music was banned in her house growing up.
- Released a self-titled gospel album at age 16 under the name Katy Hudson.
- Adopted the stage name Katy Perry (using her mother's maiden name) to avoid confusion with actress Kate Hudson.
- Featured her parents in her wedding-themed video for "Hot N Cold."
- Named a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2013 and later received the Audrey Hepburn Humanitarian Award for her work with the group.
- Became a Covergirl spokesperson in 2013; she later launched her own line of makeup with them called Katy Kat.
- Campaigned for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 Presidential election and spoke and performed at the Democratic National Convention that year.