- Started her training in ballet, modern dancing and tap dancing when she was 3 years old.
- Moved to London by herself when she was 16 to pursue a career in singing.
- Left arts school after a year to compete in the BBC TV show I'd Do Anything, where singers competed for a place in the West End production of Oliver! She finished in third place.
- Made her West End debut in Les Misérables in 2010.
- Got the part of Éponine in the 2012 film adaptation of Les Misérables over several others who auditioned, such as Lea Michele, Scarlett Johansson and Taylor Swift.