- Performed with the Kirov Ballet at the Royal Opera House in London when she was 15.
- At 18, was forced to give up her training to become a professional ballerina after three ankle operations.
- Started taking acting classes while studying painting at a fine-arts college.
- Auditioned for the lead in Tim Burton's 2010 adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, narrowly missing out on the role to Mia Wasikowska.
- Nylon magazine called the Downton Abbey actress "the best thing in a bonnet since Keira [Knightley] in Pride and Prejudice."
- Met Kate Middleton and Prince William in 2011 as one of 42 invited guests at the inaugural Brits to Watch event thrown by BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) during the royal couple's visit to Los Angeles.
- Featured as the face of a 2012 ad campaign for British jewelry designer Dominic Jones, who described Brown-Findlay as "a real English rose."