American actress P.J. Soles (her initials stand for Pamela Jayne) has specialized in playing sexy, sometimes villainous young women. She debuted as one of the nasty girls who makes life a living hell for an awkward young woman with psychokinetic powers in Carrie (1976). In 1978, she played Jamie Lee Curtis' best friend in Halloween and had her first starring role the following year as a rabid Ramones fan in Rock 'n' Roll High School. Though she is most frequently cast in supporting parts, she occasionally wins leads in films such as Stripes (1981) and the low-budget thriller Innocent Prey. In addition to her American filmwork, Soles has worked in several international films.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- Father worked for an international insurance company and moved the family all over the world; lived in Morocco, Venezuela and Belgium.
- Multilingual due to her travels; fluent in Spanish.
- Wanted to become the first woman ambassador to the Soviet Union during her years at Briarcliff College in New York; dropped out of school to pursue acting and modeling.
- Divorced J. Stephen Soles in 1975, but decided to keep his last name.
- Injured her eardrum on the set of Carrie (1976) when she was sprayed with water during the prom scene; it completely healed after 6 months.
- Ranked No. 4 in Maxim Magazine's Hottest Women of Horror Movies.