- Lived in Hollywood as a child but spoke only German until she was 5 years old.
- Wanted to be an actress from childhood; her father was a Tony winner.
- At 17, was one of the youngest students accepted to London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Was a member of the Milwaukee Repertory Company for three seasons.
- Joined the cast of One Life to Live as Victoria Lord in 1971 despite having never seen the show and having never acted on TV; celebrated her 40th anniversary on the series in 2011.
- Inducted into the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' Silver Circle (in recognition of achievements in television of 25 years or more) in 2002.
- Received Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series six times (1984, 1986, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2005).
- Nickname is Ricci.