Actor Marc Singer made his movie bow in Go Tell the Spartans (1978), after a few guest shots on such TVers as Hawaii 5-0. In films, Singer is most closely associated with the role of Dar, the bare-chested sword-and-sorcery protagonist of the Beastmaster films. On TV, he played aspiring pugilist Johnny Captor in the five-week miniseries The Contender (1980), extraterrestrial-bashing hero Mike Donovan in V (1984-85) and Matt Cantrell in the 1986 episodes of Dallas. Marc Singer also "appeared" as the voice of Man-Bat in the opening installment of the Fox Network's Batman: the Animated Series (1992). Singer is the older brother of actress Lori Singer.
Biography by Hal Erickson
- Began acting career by filling in for another actor in a high-school stage production.
- Guest starred in various TV crime-dramas in the 1970s, including Hawaii Five-O, Barnaby Jones and The Rookies.
- Made big-screen debut in 1978's Go Tell the Spartans.
- Rose to prominence as the star of the 1982 film The Beastmaster and appeared in a recurring role on the syndicated television version of the film in the early 2000s.
- Earned a black belt in kung fu.