- Born into the religion of Zoroastrianism.
- Traveled extensively during her childhood because of her father's work, living in India, Nigeria and London before her family settled in Toronto when she was 10.
- Trained as a classical ballerina as a teenager, before deciding to become an actor at age 16.
- Dropped out of university after going to an open audition for the world-renowned Stratford Shakespeare Festival, where she landed the lead role in the play Pericles.
- Enrolled in Stratford's conservatory program before joining the company in the role of Hermia in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Met her future husband, actor Carlo Rota, on the set of Relic Hunter in 2001; the pair both starred in 24, though in separate seasons.
- Supports the homeless charity Second Harvest, Toronto, and Look Good Feel Better, which supports women with cancer.