With credits that include TV guest shots, B-movies, and one soft-core title (Desire ), Josie Bissett was perhaps ideally prepared for the outrageous fictional world of Fox's 1990s prime-time soap opera Melrose Place. Born on October 5th, 1970, in Seattle, WA, Bissett began appearing on TV sitcoms while in her late teens. Though she played a bit part as one of the bandmembers' girlfriends in Oliver Stone's biopic The Doors (1991), Bissett mainly worked in B-films as well as TV, including 1950s teen comedy Book of Love (1991), the Playboy model tale Posing: Inspired By Three Real Stories (1991), and the Danielle Steel adaptation Secrets (1992). Bissett became a TV star, though, when she was cast as put-upon wife Jane Mancini in Melrose Place in 1992. With its roundelay of affairs and no-holds-barred theatrics (often involving Jane's vile husband Michael and nefarious sister Sydney), Melrose Place attracted a devoted following for most of its seven-year run. Bissett left the series in 1997 and starred as an alluring nanny in the B-thriller Baby Monitor: Sound of Fear (1997) before returning for Melrose Place's final season in 1998-1999. The actress continued to be active through the 2000s, appearing in films such as The Sky is On Fire and Obituary. Bissett could be seen in a supporting role on the first two seasons of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and co-starred in the Lifetime drama The Other Woman (both in 2008).
Biography by Lucia Bozzola
- Started out as a model in the U.S. and Japan.
- Made her big-screen debut in Oliver Stone's The Doors (1991).
- Was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 1996.
- After her son Mason's birth, she compiled the 2001 book Little Bits of Wisdom: A Collection of Tips and Advice from Real Parents; also collaborated on 2003's Making Memories: A Parent's Guide to Making Childhood Memories That Last a Lifetime.
- Named Celebrity Mom of the Year in 2008 by the Mom's Choice Awards.
- Released her first children's book, Tickle Monster, in 2008.
- Has appeared in national ad campaigns for brands including Neutrogena, Dr. Scholl's and Murad.