- Moved to the United States from her native England at age 5 following her parents' split.
- Has done journalistic work for a variety of media outlets, including Nickelodeon and Teen Vogue.
- Enjoys traveling and while in school often visited places she learned about to further her education.
- Designed accessories, including ballet flats named after her grandmother, in support of a charity providing low-cost counseling in 2008.
- Made her film debut in the 2009 movie The Blind Side, playing the daughter of Sandra Bullock's character.
- Attended the same high school as Beverly Hills 90210 star Tori Spelling, and went on to guest star on the 90210 reboot.