American actress Mia Sara started out in TV commercials and in a brief recurring role on the daytime soaper All My Children. Her first film, lensed in England, was 1985's Legend, in which she played a fairy tale ingenue opposite Tom Cruise. Few of her later films are worthy of mention, though she was effectively cast as Matthew Broderick's girlfriend and prankish co-conspirator in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986). Banking on her slight resemblance to actress Merle Oberon, Sara adequately filled the role of the Oberon counterpart in the 1987 TV movie Queenie.
Biography by Hal Erickson
- Began her acting career in TV commercials.
- Was cast in her first feature-film starring role at the age of 16, playing Princess Lili in Legend (1985).
- Studied acting under Roy London.
- Won the Best Supporting Actress Saturn Award for her role in Timecop (1994).
- Has a private pilot's license.