Active - 2008 - 2020 |
Born - Jan 17, 1964 in Chicago, Illinois, United States |
- Attended a gifted class at Bryn Mawr Elementary School.
- Graduated as the salutatorian of her high school class.
- Graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a minor in African-American studies.
- In 1989, met Barack Obama at the Chicago law firm Sidley & Austin where she worked as an associate attorney.
- Saw the movie Do the Right Thing (1989) on her first date with Barack Obama during the summer of 1989.
- Served as Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, and Vice President of Community and External Affairs at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- The first person besides Oprah Winfrey to appear on the cover of O, The Oprah Magazine.
- The first First Lady of the United States of African-American descent.
- Her memoir, Becoming, was released on November 13, 2018.