A native of Melbourne, Victoria, glamorous Aussie actress Isabel Lucas ascended to fame on the crest of her portrayal of Tasha Andrews in the long-running, teen-oriented Australian soap Home and Away (1988); she signed with the program in 2003. Like numerous colleagues from the Australian silver screen, Lucas eventually made the crossover to Hollywood stardom, first with a U.S.-Australian co-production of the vampire outing Daybreakers (starring fellow countryman Sam Neill, in addition to A-listers Ethan Hawke and Willem Dafoe) and then with a substantial role in the effects-heavy Hollywood opus Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Was raised speaking English, German and French.
- Discovered by a modeling agent at a farmers market.
- Spent two months volunteering with the nonprofit organization OzQuest to build irrigation systems in Namibia.
- Helped the students of her alma mater St. Monica's College raise $2000 to help fund an orphanage in India.
- Advocates for the safety of dolphins and whales in the Pacific ocean.