Best known as the lead guitarist for teen pop band the Jonas Brothers, Kevin Jonas came from a musical family. Encouraged to sing and play instruments from a young age, he was only 15 when he collaborated with his brothers to help write and play for brother Nick's debut solo album. Execs were so impressed with the brothers' collective sound that they were signed as a band, releasing the debut album It's About Time in 2006. The trio then signed with Disney's Hollywood Records, through which they released their 2007 self-titled sophomore album, as well as 2008's A Little Bit Longer, and became a regular fixture on the Disney Channel, appearing on shows like Zoey 101 and Hannah Montana. The Jonas Brothers became a phenomenal hit with tween audiences and were soon selling out arenas, as well as starring in movies like Camp Rock and The Jonas Brothers 3-D. The success of Camp Rock led to the brothers getting their own Disney Channel series Jonas that lasted two seasons. The trio went to the well one more time with Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam in 2010. In December of 2009 he wed his girlfriend of two years, and the two appeared in a reality series together, Married to Jonas.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Nickname is K2.
- Wanted to be a cowboy growing up, but was inspired to enter show business by a friend.
- Was a varsity bowler in high school.
- Taught himself to play guitar at age 12.
- Plays guitar and sings backup vocals in the Jonas Brothers, the pop band he started with siblings Joe and Nick.
- Helped produce the band's self-titled second album.